|Developer(s)||Disney Interactive Studios,|
Schell Games, SilverTree Media
|Publisher(s)||Disney Interactive Studios|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
|Genre(s)||Massive multiplayer online role-playing|
Play Pixie Hollow Real Haircuts at TopCookingGames.com. Also play new Fashion Games For Girls like Dress Up Games,Spa Games,Face Games,Hair Games,Nail games,Pedicure games,Manicure games other top Cooking Games.
Pixie Hollow was a massive multiplayer online role-playing game addition to the Disney Fairies franchise that ran from 2008 to 2013. It was produced by DisneyToon Studios and developed by Schell Games. The game was released to coincide with the 2008 film, Tinker Bell and revolved around Tinker Bell, a fairy character created by J. M. Barrie in his play Peter Pan and incorporating her fairy friends from the Disney Fairies animated works by the Walt Disney Company.
GameZone gave the game 6/10. The game received the Parents' Choice Award, Silver Honor. The game also received the Parents' Choice Approved award.
A 2008 article from the magazine Variety about the site voiced concerns from parents that introducing children to online games at a young age may could 'one day make them a “World of Warcraft” addict.' A New York Times article from 2007 voiced much of the same in its discussion about young children on the Internet, and gave a short description of Pixie Hollow: 'The site will ultimately allow users to play games (“help create the seasons”) and interact with other “fairies.” When avatars move across the screen, they leave a sparkling trail of pixie dust, a carefully designed part of the experience.'
Similar Games To The Sims
Pixie Hollow closed on September 19, 2013. Its closure was poorly received by users, especially bloggers in the community, many of whom created petitions to 'save Pixie Hollow'. Such efforts seem to have been in vain; the game closed as planned and has not reopened.
Rewrite and Revival
Fans remained active on blog sites such as WordPress, and have been able to form communities dedicated to memorializing the game. One such fan community, FairyABC, has created a 'rewrite' of the game, as of 2016. Users there can join a virtual world similar to Pixie Hollow, but without many features of the original games.
- ^'Games Developed by Schell Games'. Schell Games. Archived from the original on 24 March 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- ^'SilverTree Media Products'. SilverTree Media. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- ^Gibson, Shayna (December 4, 2010). 'Pixie Hollow Review'. GameZone. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- ^Oldenburg, Don. 'Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow'. Parents' Choice. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- ^Oldenburg, Don. 'Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow'. Parents' Choice. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- ^Alexander, Leigh; Alexander, Leigh (2008-11-04). 'Disney Fairies: Pixie Hollow'. Variety. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- ^Barnes, Brooks (2007-12-31). 'Web Playgrounds of the Very Young'. The New York Times. ISSN0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- ^'Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow'. D23. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- ^'Fight to Save Pixie Hollow!'. Marigold's Musings. 2013-08-30. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
|Pixie Hollow Games|
|Directed by||Bradley Raymond|
|Theme music composer||Joel McNeely|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DisneyToon Studios|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
Pixie Hollow Games is a 30-minute television special broadcast on November 19, 2011, on Disney Channel. Based on the Disney Fairies franchise, it was produced by DisneyToon Studios and animated by Prana Studios. It features the voices of Mae Whitman, Lucy Liu, Raven-Symoné, Megan Hilty, Angela Bartys, and others, as Tinker Bell and the other fairies of Pixie Hollow in Never Land, taking part in an Olympic-style competition. It is based loosely on J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan stories, by way of Disney's animated adaptation.
It was originally intended as the last of five feature-length films in the Tinker Bell series of direct-to-DVD 3D animated films, with the title Tinker Bell: Race through the Seasons, and a release date in 2012. However, the movie was rescheduled and retooled as a TV special instead of a film-length movie. Unlike the previous feature films in this series, Tinker Bell is not a central featured character in this special release.
Rosetta is busy helping to set up flowers for the big night, when she meets a new garden fairy named Chloe. Chloe announces she has been training for the Pixie Hollow Games and is excited to be competing. Even though the garden fairies have little hope of winning and haven't ever won, Chloe is confident that she and her partner can turn things around and end their losing streak. When it comes time for the team selection, Chloe has already volunteered and Rosetta is selected to be her partner.
Pixie Hollow Similar Games Pc
On the night of the games, Rosetta wears a fancy gown, certain that she and Chloe will be eliminated after one round. The storm fairies, Rumble and Glimmer, are the heavy favorites to win the competition due to their winning streak and having winners rings for almost every finger. The first event is leapfrogging. Rosetta refuses to get onto the frog, but finally does when the spectators yell in protest, leading to total chaos on the racetrack.
Pixie Hollow Similar Games For Girls
The next day, Rosetta and Chloe continue to compete in a series of games, such as dragonfly water skiing, twig-spheres, and mouse polo, slowly moving up in the standings during each game. The final challenge (a teacup race) arrives. Chloe dives down the chute with no trouble, but Rosetta nervously crawls down the chute, to Chloe's dismay. Rosetta's actions put them in last place, causing Chloe to start doubting her. Meanwhile, other teams start dropping which leaves only the garden and storm fairies.
Rosetta and Chloe take the mudslide mountain shortcut and successfully make it over thanks to Tinker Bell. However, in the last leg of the race, Rumble uses Glimmer's lightning ability to zap one of the wheels causing the girls' cart to crash. Glimmer is appalled. Seeing their cart destroyed, Rosetta and Chloe push their cart over the finish line and finish together. While Rumble celebrates his victory, Queen Clarion announces that the garden fairies are the winners. Rumble protests, until she shows him that Glimmer abandoned him just before the finish line for cheating, giving the victory to the garden fairies. Rosetta and Chloe broke their losing streak and they celebrate with their friends.
- Megan Hilty as Rosetta, a garden fairy and the main protagonist of the film
- Brenda Song as Chloe, a new garden fairy and Rosetta's partner
- Jason Dolley as Rumble, a storm fairy and the main antagonist of the film
- Tiffany Thornton as Glimmer, a storm fairy and Rumble's partner
- Zendaya as Fern, a garden fairy
- Mae Whitman as Tinker Bell, a tinker fairy
- Lucy Liu as Silvermist, a water fairy
- Raven-Symoné as Iridessa, a light fairy
- Angela Bartys as Fawn, an animal fairy
- Pamela Adlon as Vidia, a fast-flying fairy
- Jeff Bennett as Clank, a large tinker fairy with a booming voice / Fairy Gary, the overseer of the pixie-dust keepers and Terence's partner
- Rob Paulsen as Bobble, a wispy tinker fairy with large glasses / Buck, a new animal fairy and Fawn's partner
- Jane Horrocks as Fairy Mary, the overseer of the tinker fairies and Tink's partner
- Jessica DiCicco as Lilac, a garden fairy / Lumina, a new light fairy and Iridessa's partner
- Kari Wahlgren as Ivy, a garden fairy
- Alicyn Packard as Zephyr, a new fast-flying fairy and Vidia's partner
- Jesse McCartney as Terence, the pixie-dust keeper
- Dan Curtis Lee as Starter Sparrowman
- Kraisit Agnew as Tabby
- Anjelica Huston as Queen Clarion, the queen of all Pixie Hollow
The score to the special is composed by Joel McNeely, who scored the first three Tinker Bell films. Zendaya sings the theme song (written by Brendan Milburn and Valerie Vigoda of GrooveLily), which is called 'Dig Down Deeper'.Zendaya performed 'Dig Down Deeper' in the 2011 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.In Spain, the main theme was played by Lydia Fairen.
The special debuted in the United States on The Disney Channel on November 19, 2011.
The special was included as a bonus feature on the Blu-ray releases of Secret of the Wings in 2012. A standalone DVD was released on August 20, 2013.
A fourth full-length Tinker Bell film, Secret of the Wings, was originally announced to be released before the special, but was instead released on October 23, 2012.
- ^ abWeisman, Jon (August 16, 2011). 'Disney Channel special 'Pixie Hollow Games' will have John Lasseter on board'. Variety. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
- ^Zahed, Ramin (October 7, 2011). 'Extreme Fairies: 'Pixie Hollow Games''. Animation Magazine. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- ^Cyrenne, Randall. 'Animated Views - Secret of the Wings'. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- ^'Amazon.com sales page'.
- Pixie Hollow Games on IMDb